in All Souls Church – Senior Music Minister
Dr Noel Tredinnick has been Director of Music for over 45 years and leaves us with a rich legacy of musical excellence and creativity, notably in the life of the All Souls Orchestra. Our desire is to honour that legacy and to build on it and and develop it. This is an opportunity to recast it for the enjoyment and enrichment of the next generation.
We are now seeking Noel Tredinnick’s successor and we would value your help in spreading the word.
We are expecting the Senior Music Minister, in close consultation with the senior team, to develop their own vision for music (and the arts) which will serve All Souls and the wider church.
Scope of Role is to:
– Lead – a music staff team as well as a range of musicians (orchestral groups and contemporary bands) to deliver high quality music for the All Souls church activities and other events. Also personally be comfortable leading from the front with considerable skill on a leading instrument, ideally piano or organ.
– Attract and Integrate – recruit new generations of musicians to the church to serve the congregation, growing godly musicians trained as disciples, as well as good musicians trained to play skillfully.
– Multiply – grow others who can serve and lead at different levels themselves. Developing the next generation of musicians and song leaders will be an important element in the training ministry.
– Serve and Share. – with a history of serving the wider church, in due course we would want the new Senior Music Minister to see how our resources can best serve and be used for the wider church and for gospel mission in this day and age.
– Support – as part of leadership of the whole church family, to work closely with the ministry team, to serve in any other additional ways the Rector may require.
Essential qualities – we are looking for someone who:
– is totally committed to the mission and stance of All Souls, teaching and living consistent with its conservative theological beliefs.
– is a servant-hearted leader, with demonstrably significant experience of handling a wide range of pressurised settings.
– is able to demonstrate mature understanding and ability to apply Biblical teaching, particularly of how music serves the church in a multi-generational and multicultural church.
– has proven extensive musical leadership skills for both congregations and instrumentalists across a wide range of classical and contemporary styles
– has a minimum first Degree in Music, preferably higher.
– is able to demonstrate significant achievement in music as performer, conductor, leader, arranger (preferably with first instrument being piano or organ) – ideally with orchestral conducting experience.
For full job description and details of how to apply see All Souls website vacancies page